#41 NoPutt

NoPutt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,902 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 15 August 2017 - 09:22 PM

I didn't have to think long or hard, I like it.

Now if I could just snowboard to the green!

Dry Gulch...................Released                     Smithfield Golf Club...........Released

Millstone Golf Club....Released                      The Walker Course............Released

Kingsmill Woods Course...Released               Pine Lake Golf Club..........Released

Woodhaven Golf Club (9) Released                The Reserve at Keowee...Released

Cliffs at Keowee Vineyards..Released              The Ace Club...................Released

Dry Gulch 2..........Released                               Blackberry Oaks.............Released

#42 Larrykuh

Larrykuh

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 244 posts

Posted 15 August 2017 - 10:01 PM

Yes i'm leaving that for now, i'm not very good at blending blemishes into a plain texture, i get tiling somewhere or a straight line here and there, i need to investigate more and pick some brains.

You might want to check with DPR. He has done something similar on Kiawah with divots in the fairways. To play winter golf, the fairways and greens have to be extra, extra firm (i.e. frozen).

#43 DoGgs

DoGgs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,688 posts
  • Locationcaerphilly

Posted 16 August 2017 - 04:07 AM

I didn't have to think long or hard, I like it.

Now if I could just snowboard to the green!

No need to work...i got you covered :)

SSdjB5a.jpg

Qaaa8vE.jpg

#44 DoGgs

DoGgs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,688 posts
  • Locationcaerphilly

Posted 16 August 2017 - 04:09 AM

You might want to check with DPR. He has done something similar on Kiawah with divots in the fairways. To play winter golf, the fairways and greens have to be extra, extra firm (i.e. frozen).

Without giving the greens concrete properties i don't think extra extra will be an option i'm afraid.

Qaaa8vE.jpg

#45 Jwheels9876

Jwheels9876

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 285 posts

Posted 10 January 2018 - 01:44 AM

What ever happened with this project?

#46 DoGgs

DoGgs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,688 posts
  • Locationcaerphilly

Posted 10 January 2018 - 01:27 PM

It's frozen right now  :)   I lost the will to create after about 10 holes, there was no longer any flow with the work and the 10th hole just turned out to be a terrible golf hole, once the bug returns i will resume.  I'm currently working on a paint by numbers real life course ( you don't need that creative spark for those ) maybe after that i will have the desire to carry on with jungfrau.

Qaaa8vE.jpg

#47 Jwheels9876

Jwheels9876

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 285 posts

Posted 10 January 2018 - 05:15 PM

Cool. Looks like a fun course. Hope to give it a go someday! What real life course ya working on now?

#48 DoGgs

DoGgs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,688 posts
  • Locationcaerphilly

Posted 10 January 2018 - 09:14 PM

Cool. Looks like a fun course. Hope to give it a go someday! What real life course ya working on now?

KQCX1Ak.jpg

• Sinewiz, LeazesNDR, balaceanca81 and 2 others like this

Qaaa8vE.jpg

#49 DoGgs

DoGgs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,688 posts
  • Locationcaerphilly

Posted 17 January 2018 - 12:42 PM

Jungfrau is back in production, hopefully i can get to 18 without any issues, the snowfall and snow storm clusters are really mounting up, hopefully they will not impact performance too much.  With luck i should get this out for play one day next week.

• ✠ davef ✠ likes this

Qaaa8vE.jpg

#50 sideshowbob

sideshowbob

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 268 posts

Posted 17 January 2018 - 04:51 PM

Jungfrau is back in production, hopefully i can get to 18 without any issues, the snowfall and snow storm clusters are really mounting up, hopefully they will not impact performance too much.  With luck i should get this out for play one day next week.

Excellent news Doggz, looking forward to this one.

Thanks for all your efforts.

#51 Jwheels9876

Jwheels9876

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 285 posts

Posted 17 January 2018 - 06:50 PM

Awesome news. I always like playing courses that have a different look to them.

#52 DoGgs

DoGgs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,688 posts
  • Locationcaerphilly

Posted 18 January 2018 - 11:08 PM

I am putting a playable 18 out for FPS testing, its far from finished as there are still a few greens untreated, some tears here and there along with stray grasses and other things i may change.  There are over 130 snowfall clusters and approx 70 mini snow particle storms, it plays fine for me on my med to high rig, but would like a bit of feedback from users with differing systems.  Feel free to point out any issues as it will make it easier for me to clean them up.

File: https://drive.google...iew?usp=sharing

Note: play with overcast skies if using dynamic skies, i have put a temp sky box in, not sure if i like it so may change it.  Also, if you play with follow cam it may be more effective to switch to player cam, to capture the follow cam flying thru snowfall would have required many more snowfall clusters to build them up to follow cam height, as it is they are quite low to ground and player cam gives the illusion of snow falling from high up at all times, follow cam will rise up above the snowfall.

• briarfox likes this

Qaaa8vE.jpg

#53 ✠ davef ✠

✠ davef ✠

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,122 posts
  • LocationCouncil Bluffs, Ia

Posted 19 January 2018 - 08:06 AM

played on my 960m card it played fine FPS above 50 most of the time.

nice job i like the altitude being on the flash screen. along with the challenge of figuring

the high altitude, big elevation changes in the same shot.

once again thanks for another great creation 

• DoGgs likes this

CUK Mantis Gamer PC (Liquid Cooled Intel Core i9,10 Core                            MSI GF75 Thin 17" Laptop

32GB RAM, 512GB NVMe SSD + 2TB HDD                                                          I5 8GB Ram GTX1650 

NVIDIA RTX 2070 8GB OC, 600W PSU, AC WiFi, Windows 11                           144 Hz Windows 11

VIOTEK 35" CURVED  144HZ-200HZ OC MONITOR

Seagate 4TB External Hard Drive

Klipsch Sound System

BENCHMARKS-https://www.userbenc...serRun/38611652  

#54 JoeF

JoeF

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,551 posts
  • LocationBrighton, Ontario, Canada

Posted 19 January 2018 - 02:14 PM

Tee shots on holes 1 and 13 were the only time the fps dropped below 30 on my system.  Most shots were in the mid-30's to 60's.

Intel i5-4570 cpu @ 3.2 GHz, ASUS Z74-K mb, ASUS GeForce GTX 960 gpu, 16 GB ram, 2 x SSD drives, Windows 10 64 bit

Steam name: sound_flier

#55 briarfox

briarfox

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 20 January 2018 - 02:15 AM

All went fine on my system  :)

Thank you

#56 Jperkules

Jperkules

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 131 posts
  • LocationSalt Lake City, U.S

Posted 20 January 2018 - 02:26 AM

not just cool, or very nice, but completely awesome.

Love the winter trees, snow, flurries, and wind sounds.

#57 Jwheels9876

Jwheels9876

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 285 posts

Posted 20 January 2018 - 12:44 PM

Hi,
Gave it a play last night with the wife scramble format. Love the course. Greens were fair If not on the easier side. Love the wind sounds and snow particles. Only thing I saw was maybe the par numbers may be off a bit. Early 140 hole listed as par 4 and maybe one or 2 later ones over 525 par 4. Attached some pics. Great job!
20180119_181607.jpg

20180119_183745.jpg

20180119_192535.jpg

20180119_192543.jpg

#58 DoGgs

DoGgs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,688 posts
  • Locationcaerphilly

Posted 20 January 2018 - 04:16 PM

I always screw up the pars, lol guess that will never change.   The course is not finished yet, this is mainly for FPS testing.  Greens will get more love along with plenty more touchups.  Pars will be corrected when i decide on the indexing.  FPS appears acceptable, so will be moving on to make the above changes asap...ty all

BTW must be good fun on a sim....i'm so jealous :)

Qaaa8vE.jpg

#59 bortimus

bortimus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,234 posts

Posted 20 January 2018 - 04:54 PM

Interesting concept with the snowfall particle effects.  Nice immersion with the windy sounds too.  The footprint texturing was a nice touch as well. 

I noticed a few things:

The trees don't have colliders on the trunks or leaves.  

Your fairway texture isn't fully seamless.  It's subtle but I can see the repeating border on the fairways.  

XjQyQGa.jpg

I also think the tee texture might not be seamless either. 

#60 DoGgs

DoGgs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,688 posts
  • Locationcaerphilly

Posted 20 January 2018 - 07:22 PM

Ahh bugger, i was looking for seams too, missed that one, i may just revert them to basic textures, thanks for the collider info, thought they may have been automatically assigned, will look into it thanks.

Qaaa8vE.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users